There are 6 blog entries for December 2013.
It turns out that National Geographic Kids has added some credence to Austin's weirdness claims after selecting the weirdest businesses and people in the area. In a ceremony last Wednesday atop the Whole Foods Market at 6th and Lamar, Austin Mayor Lee Leffingwell official declared the day as Weird Wednesday alongside the Nation Geographic Kids Editor, Rachel Buchholz. Here are the winners(?):
- Weirdest Coffee Shop — Jo's Coffee
- Weirdest Restaurant — Gourdough's Public House
- Weirdest Sandwich Shop — Toastie's Sub Shop and Thundercloud Subs (tie)
- Weirdest Hotel — The Driskill Hotel
- Weirdest Pet Store/Groomer — Dirty Dog
- Weirdest Menu Item — Fried Milk at Uchiko
- Weirdest Live Music Venue — Austin-Bergstrom International Airport
Looking for a good holiday gift idea? There is current a special offer with Austin Eats Food Tours until December 8th, offing buy 2 get 1 free on gift cards. The guided bike tour covers a selection of downtown Austin restaurants and food trucks sampling some of the city's hidden culinary gems. For more information, take a look at these features on Austin Eats in USA Today and Forbes from earlier this summer, or head over to their FAQ page.